According to the latest report by Renub Research, titled “Sleep Apnea Devices Market, Global Forecast, Impact of COVID-19, Industry Trends by Device Type, Opportunity Company Overview, Revenue” the Sleep Apnea Devices Market is expected to reach US$ 8.7 Billion by 2027. Sleep apnea is a disorder distinguished by rhythmic and repetitive obstruction of the upper airway provoking pharyngeal collapse. During sleep apnea disorder, breathing is repeatedly interrupted during sleep; these breathing pauses typically last between 10 to 20 seconds and happen from 5 to over 100 times per hour. There are three main characters of sleep apnea obstructive sleep apnea, central sleep apnea, and complex sleep apnea syndrome. Sleep apnea therapy aims to open the airway and breathe better at night. Many devices help that happen.
Key Market Trends:
- The expanding prevalence of (OSA) obstructive sleep apnea disorder, complex sleep apnea syndrome and central sleep apnea are among the key factors driving the growth of the Sleep apnea device industry. Such conditions are highly prevalent among the geriatric and population suffering from other ailments, such as hypertension and cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) and diabetes, facilitating product adoption across developed and emerging nations.
- According to Respirology, 1 billion of the world’s population of 7.3 billion people, between the ages of 30 and 69 years, has the most common Type of sleep-disordered breathing, obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA).
- As a result of rising life anticipation, the growing geriatric population increases the prevalence of sleep disease. With the development of the geriatric population, the usage of Sleep apnea devices will increase, as the senior population is more prone to sleep apnea devices.
- As per WHO (World Health Organization), in 2018, the world’s population of people aged 60 and above will reach 2.0 billion by 2050.
- In 2021, the FDA announces the approval of a prescription tongue muscle stimulation device that claims to defeat mild obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and to snore. The device, named eXciteOSA, is pass through the de novo regulatory pathway for people 18 years and older.
Worldwide Sleep Apnea Device Market Size was US$ 5.2 Billion in 2020
On the basis of Type, Sleep apnea appliances industry includes therapeutic devices and diagnostic devices. Sleep apnea therapeutic devices, such as Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP) and Auto CPAP Sleep Apnea machines. The (CPAP) continuous positive airway pressure unit is the most prescribed machine for sleep apnea. Auto CPAP Sleep Apnea machines are used to evaluate the patient’s respiratory and other bodily functions during sleep.
Apart from this, sleep apnea diagnostics devices are segmented into Polysomnography Devices (PSG), Respiratory Polygraph, Sleep Apnea Screening Devices, Oximeter, and Actigraphy Monitoring Device. Pornographically Devices (PSG), attributed to the fact that it is a multi-parameter study that records patient’s brain waves, heart rate and breathing, the oxygen level in the blood, and even eye and leg movements during the diagnosis procedure.
Moreover, diagnostic devices, clinical PSG devices, pulse oximeters, and heart–rate systems make up most of the devices used in sleep hospitals and laboratories worldwide. The number of sleep tests performed and sleep laboratories with a clinical polysomnography device are increasing. These tests are promptly regarded as the regular diagnostic test for sleep apnea.
North America is Driving the Demand of Sleep Apnea Devices Industry
Among different regions, the increasing prevalence of respiratory illnesses in North America is causing sleeping disorders, boosting the demand for Sleep apnea devices. The United States operates the majority of the sleep apnea devices market in North America. According to the American Sleep Association, in 2018, 50-70 million adult populations in the United States were found to have a sleep disorder.
Furthermore, a huge patient pool, raising awareness of sleep apnea, and the presence of foreign manufacturers are boosting the demand for Sleep apnea devices in Europe. The abundance of diagnostic tests for proving the presence of sleep apnea in the region is fast increasing, as numerous people are concerned about the health concerns associated with this illness.
COVID-19 Pandemic Impact on Sleep Apnea Devices Market:
The COVID-19 pandemic affects the management of sleep apnea patients. Physical isolation, social distancing, and suspension of many clinical services complicate the already prevalent underdiagnosis of sleep disorders and potentially delay treatment for those diagnosed. Sleep Apnea Devices companies faced specific operational and logistic challenges due to the imposition of nationwide lockdowns.
The sleep apnea devices market is highly competitive, with several major players such as Summoned, Resmed, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Carefusion Corp. (Part of Becton, Dickinson and Company), Imthera Medical, Inc. (Part of Livanova Plc) across the world.
Request a Free Sample Copy of the Report: https://www.renub.com/request-sample-page.php?gturl=sleep-apnea-devices-market-p.php
- Type – Renub Research Report covered by Type in the Sleep Apnea Devices Market breakup by 2 viewpoints (Therapeutic Devices, Diagnostic Devices)
- Therapeutic Devices – Sleep Apnea Devices Market have been further sub-segmented from 4 viewpoints: (CPAP Sleep Apnea, Auto CPAP Sleep Apnea, BiPAP Sleep Apnea, Others)
- Diagnostic Devices – Sleep Apnea Devices Market have been further sub-segmented from 5 viewpoints: (Polysomnography Devices (PSG), Respiratory Polygraph, Sleep Apnea Screening Devices, Oximeter, and Actigraphy Monitoring Device)
- End-User – Our Report covered by End User Sleep Apnea Devices Market breakup by 2 viewpoints (Sleep Laboratories & Hospitals & Home Care Setting/Individuals)
- Region – This Report covered by Region Sleep Apnea Devices Market breakup by 4 viewpoints (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, ROW)
- All the major players have been covered from 3 Viewpoints (Overview, Recent Developments and Revenue) Summoned, Resmed, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Carefusion Corp. (Part of Becton, Dickinson and Company), Imthera Medical, Inc. (Part of Livanova Plc)
About the Company:
Renub Research is a Market Research and Consulting Company. We have more than 10 years of experience especially in international Business-to-Business Researches, Surveys and Consulting. We provide a wide range of business research solutions that helps companies in making better business decisions. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses. Our wide clientele comprises major players in Healthcare, Travel and Tourism, Food & Beverages, Power & Energy, Information Technology, Telecom & Internet, Chemical, Logistics & Automotive, Consumer Goods & Retail, Building, and Construction, & Agriculture. Our core team is comprised of experienced people holding graduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. degrees in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, Bio-Technology, Medicine, Information Technology, Environmental Science, and many more. Our research helps to make business decisions: on strategy, organization, operations, technology, mergers & acquisitions etc. We support many blue chip companies by providing them with findings and perspectives across a wide range of markets. Our research reports offer a blend of information insight, analysis, and forecasting that is essential in today’s ultra-competitive markets.
Phone No: +1 678-302-0700 (USA) | +91–120–421–9822 (IND)
Follow on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/renub-research